HMEP Program is offering HazMat NFPA 472 / OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 trainings throughout our Commonwealth:
Our HazMat Instructors will be teaching from the New Released IFSTA - HazMat First Responders - Fifth Edition. 2017 The fifth edition is designed to meet the requirements of NFPA 1072, Standards for Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Emergency Response Personnel Professional Qualifications.
Training opportunities include but not limited to:
- HazMat Awareness Refresher with New ERG Updates
- HazMat Operations
- HazMat Operations with Practicum
- HazMat Technician
- HazMat Technician Refreshers ***New***
- HazMat Confined Space Rescue **New***
- HazMat Decon
Specialty Courses" this year include but not limited to the following:
- HazMat IQ - WAITING LIST
- HazMat IQ Advanced - WAITING LIST
- HazMat Rad
- Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response HaWoper
- Ammonia, Ethanol, Chlorine Response
- Hazmat for Dispatcher
- Chemistry for First Responders
- Pipeline Training
- Rail Car Incident Response Crude Ethanol/Flammable
- Crude Oil Training / Emergencies by Rail
Preparedness Opportunities include but not limited to:
Find out how you can participate:
- Commodity Flow Surveys: Identify the patterns and the transport of hazardousmaterials through the transportation system of a specific area.
- Planning Projects: Educate the public on the hazard safety measures that are in place in their community. The public right-to-know act.
- Table Top Exercise: Test or practice responses to an emergency scenario.
- Workshops: Policy updates and various sessions that focus on emergency planning.
- Emergency Planning Community Right-To-Know Act (EPCRA). Courses and workshops aimed at developing, improving, and implementing emergency plans under the EPCRA act sections 301 and 303.
* NASTTPO Conference
* HotZone Conference
* Cold Zone
* HazMat Continuing Challenge
* IAFC International HazMat Conference
* TRANSCAERClick here to fill out a Request to Host Training or Planning Form